Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

As some of you may know, I run a small in-home family daycare at my home. I am blessed with wonderful families and even better children! They keep me laughing, which hopefully keeps me young! Over the past few years, I have been privy to some very interesting stuff. Some of it funny and some of it very deep and profound. Some are from my own children and the rest come from my daycare kids. Here are some of my favorites....

Enjoy!!!!!



"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" - 3 year old girl

"When we eat dinner, my dad says this: Wait for it, wait for it, and then pats his tummy and burps" - 4 year old boy

"I can't find my glubs" (gloves) - 2 year old

"I am my own person and there is no one else like me in the whole world!" - the princess

"If the government and people know that smoking and fast food is bad for you than why do they allow them to be sold and why do people buy that stuff?" - the athlete

When asked if he was going to play with his little brother when he was born, the little two year old's reply was "Babies are NOT toys!"

"You are a big kid if you can wipe your own bum, my mom told me that." - 3 year old boy

One day one of my daycare kids was grumpy when he got dropped off for the day. I asked him what was wrong and his reply was: "My dad ruined our day". I laughed and asked him what happened and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know, that's just what my mom told him in the car". - 4 year old boy

Just the other day my little 22month old daycare child came walking through my door and shouted "Happyweeeeen!"

1 comment:

  1. love these great quotes. isn't being with kids all day worth it when you hear these gems? thanks for writing about them!

    ReplyDelete

So what did ya' think???