Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A year in history, 1976

All I really know about the year 1976 was that I was born on a Saturday morning in the early fall. I was very curious about what else went on the year I was born. Obviously it is too early for me to remember what life was like during that time, so I did a little research and this is what I discovered!

Interesting Tid-bits that year:
hurricane Belle hit the US east coast
the $2.00 bill was introduced
The "Son of Sam" committed his first violent attack in NYC
The Winter Olympics took place in Montreal, Canada
Punk Rock was born when The Damned release their single New Rose
Jimmy Carter defeated Gerald Ford in the US presidential election
Technological Advances:



Apple Computer Company is formed
IBM introduced the first laser printer
NASA unveils the first space shuttle, The Enterprise
An American panel warns that CFC's Chloro-fluorocarbons used in aerosol cans damage the Ozone layer, (who would of "thunk" it back then?)
Landing Vehicles from the US Spacecraft Viking I and Viking II set down safely on Mars

Popular films that year were:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Omen
All the President's Men
Rocky

Famous people born that year were:
Colin Farrell
Reese Witherspoon
Jennifer Capriati
Melissa Joan Hart

Famous people who died that year were:
Howard Hughes
Agatha Christie

Interesting huh? All it took was a few clicks on the computer and 10 minutes of research. I challenge you all to find out what went on the year of your birth! Happy searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did ya' think???