Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me Monday

Ever do or say something during the week and thought to yourself, "Oh my God, if anybody could see me right now", or "I will never admit doing what I just did"? Well here is the time and the place to come clean! Don't be embarrassed. We've all been there at one time or another and made some not so stellar decisions!

This week I did not go out to my minivan on a warm fall morning and upon opening the driver's side door get blown back by some utterly disgusting smell. I certainly did not just open all four windows and let it air out instead of searching for the source of the smell. Nope not me!!

I did not give in to my desires for a good night sleep and let the princess climb into my bed for the last three consecutive nights in a row, after fighting with her several nights ago, insisting that she stay in her own bed. That would be pointless because every mother knows consistency is key when breaking children of poor bedtime behaviors and I would never have done that.

I also did not neglect to stop for gas one night last week because it was late and I wanted to get home, (even though I was practically running on fumes). Furthermore I certainly did not proceed to jump in the minivan the very next morning and drive my children to both of their schools without stopping for gas because we were running late, while silently praying to God to not let me run out before getting to a gas station. That would be completely irresponsible of me and would never even cross my mind. Nope not me!!

There I did it. I feel a weight has lifted! Go ahead give it a try! It's nice to admit as moms we are not perfect everyday! What Not Me Moments did you have this week? And be honest!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did ya' think???