Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear Laundry,


Did I ever tell you how much I despise you? Out of all the many household jobs that must be done on a daily basis, I hate you the most. Hate is such a strong word and I don't like to use it frequently, but in this case if the shoe fits where it!

I will cook, I will clean, I will scour the bathrooms, in fact every room in my house. I will dust, I will vacuum, I will even wash walls and woodwork to remove the filth and grime that many little hands have left behind. However when it comes to you laundry, I must warn you, that I will do anything and everything to avoid you!! You just don't rate that high on my list of likeable chores.

My problem is not starting you, as a matter fact I am quite good at that! My problem is the follow through.

You might take several spins through the wash if I start you and forget about you

If you're lucky I might get you so far as the dryer on the first shot

BUT after that.....

there is NO guarantee that you will get finished!

You might get folded, you might not

You might get left in the dryer and sit for days

You might get rewarmed in the dryer to get the wrinkles out

You have a 50/50 shot of making it to the folding table, how lucky you are!!

Once you have finally made it to the folding table and are in nice neat individual piles, chances are you will sit there for days while the athlete, princess, coach, and I come down daily and pick out our clothes.

You might not EVER make it upstairs or neatly laid to rest in appropriate bureaus.

I wish I could promise you this, but since I can't even keep this promise to my family, I would say your chances are pretty slim.


Sincerely,

1 comment:

  1. Wanna trade? I'll do your laundry if you clean my bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete

So what did ya' think???