Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I didn't vanish into thin air!

Yes I am alive and yes my family and I are all doing well. So where have I been for almost a year?

The truthful answer is, I have been right here all along, doing what I do everyday. I am still taking care of my children, being a wife, taking care of my home, and running my daycare.
I am also still faithfully reading the blogs that I follow everyday.

So why haven't I written anything on my own blog?

Again truthful answer, I don't really have a good answer. I enjoy writing my blog and posting my photos of our life, but writing and editing, posting, and uploading photos is time consuming and time is what I lack. There always seems to be something else I could or should be doing with the short periods of free time that I have during the day.

I want to blog and tell the tales, good and bad, that go on in our home. It boils down to the same thing it always does. It's a commitment and one thing I have learned about myself over the years is that I have an all or nothing personality. If I can't do something 100 percent than I don't do it at all. I haven't yet learned how to cut myself some slack. That is one quality about myself that I am well aware of and trying to get better with.

Writing this post is the first step to correcting this awful trait of mine. It is unrealistic of me to plan on writing and posting every single day. It is also not always going to be possible to have pictures in every post, (even though I love posts with pictures sooo much more that words alone!)

I will write when I have the time, or when something happens that I just have to share!! I am going to stop putting so much pressure on myself to be a perfectionist with this blog and just enjoy it for what it is. A place to capture memories of my life, express myself, create new friendships and learn and grow as I go through this crazy journey of motherhood from start to finish.

Your welcome to join me for the ride!




2 comments:

So what did ya' think???