Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

To coupon or not to coupon...


As a rule of thumb I don't coupon.  Every once in a while I will pull out a coupon that I have been given and use it on a purchase.  Normally I will hold onto said coupon and it will expire sitting in my purse before I remember I even had it.

I'll admit too that I have been sucked in by the Extreme Couponing Show on TLC but I get frustrated every single time I watch it and see women loading up their carts with 100 bottles of hot sauce or 200 rolls of Mentos.  That is NOT grocery shopping or nor are you saving money on weekly groceries.

But on the flip side I know women in real life who are religious couponers and save a lot of money while shopping realistically for their families' groceries.  People like "The Coupon Goddess"  or "Couponing to Disney" mom.  Even Heather from "Making it Work Mom" has a tween daughter who started couponing for her with much success!

After seeing all their success I have decided to give couponing a real shot.  I got up early this morning and got the Sunday paper because it was well known in the coupon world that today's paper was a gold mine for couponers.  I spent an hour cutting and browsing as well as planning my weekly shopping list.

I am armed and ready to go.  I will hit the store and see how much I save buying the groceries I ACTUALLY need and want while using my coupons.  Wish me luck!  Update will follow.

2 comments:

  1. I am alllll about the coupons!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking to get into couponing, there is a good blog that does local stores: http://www.thismamaknows.com

    ReplyDelete

So what did ya' think???