Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Taking the plunge

I am going to the gym this afternoon.


There I said it. That wasn't so bad.


Two weeks ago the coach and I decided to join the local community center and get a family membership. (It was our Christmas gift to ourselves.)

Well two weeks ago we joined and I have yet to venture inside and get my rear in gear. Don't' get me wrong, I have gone in numerous times to drop of/pick up the athlete for free afternoons of dodge ball or floor hockey, but as far as going in to benefit my own health....

Yaaaaa, not so much. It has taken two weeks two mentally prepare myself for this. I had to eliminate every excuse I could come up with for not going.

So in no particular order:

bought new sneakers---- check

bought new workout clothes----- check

charged MP3 player------ check

downloaded workout tunes on MP3 player and learn how to use the dang thing-------- check

make time to go------ check

So now dear friends, I am taking the plunge and venturing into the scary unfamiliar domain health room for the first time in a looooong time.

Wish me luck

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! I need to get to the gym, too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, i like the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently decided that I'm going to have to get up at 4am to fit in excercise. It hasn't happened yet.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Girl! I love the new header! You should be proud! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! You have to start somewhere. I write about health and fitness so stop on by or email me for support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popping in from SITS to say hello.....
    I went to the gym last week for the first time in many months (I usually just run at home) and I found it quite amusing. I have to say....it was the best people watching I've done in a loooonnnggg time. Made the time fly by. Good luck to you.

    http://365daysofthegoodthebadtheugly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck - it gets better... just keep going!!! Stopping by from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete

So what did ya' think???