Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Random thoughts...

I haven't been blogging lately.  Not exactly sure why, nothing major going on over hear that would cause me not to, just kinda lost my mojo.  With that being said I felt like I should at least put something down on paper and maybe this would spark something.

Right now I'm the only one in my family who is not battling a cold.  I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to stay on top of the usual household duties because I fear it's only a matter of time before I feel the stuffy nose and scratchy throat coming my way.  Gotta get it done now before I'm down for the count.

Soccer season is winding down for the athlete.  He has two weeks left of indoor and then baseball begins.  This is the first year that I can remember where he isn't playing soccer year round.  This spring he is taking the season off.  I think in the long run it will be good for him.  I'm afraid if he continued to play year round without a break it would lead to a soccer burnout.  This way he will get a chance to actually miss it and look forward to playing with a renewed sense of enthusiasm in the fall.

Princess started gymnastics again, one day a week and she will continue playing soccer through the spring.  The coach will be busy once again coaching her and the other 8 and 9 year old girls twice a week.  It's so funny to watch them when they get together for games and practices.  They are so different from the boys team.  Boys get right down to business.  With the girls, soccer is more of a social event then a competition.   The coach spends the first 5 to 10 minutes just getting their attention and getting them to stop chatting and listen.  It's so funny!

The past couple months I've been making some changes of my own as well. Not quite ready to share the details yet, but I will say that I am pleased with the changes I'm making and it's something that needed to be done a long time ago.  It's making me a happier mom, wife, and in general a happier me.  I promise to share with you all soon.
Thanks for sticking by me during this dry spell.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your family is feeling better! Can't wait to hear about your changes?

    ReplyDelete

So what did ya' think???